Monday, February 25, 2013

Janice Wilson :: Getting Punchy With It!

Hello friends!  Today I have a little project to share with you, using 3 punches and some stamps.  I was looking at my SU Ornament punch and thought if I add a Peachy Keen face and some hair it would make a cute face to go along with the lemons and sentiment I was going to use. The sentiment, " When life gives you lemons, squirt it in the eye!" from PK-164 Fruit Sentiments Two was the inspiration for my card.   For the lemons, I used PK-239 Faceless Fruit.  I used the watermelon stamp to make the lemon wedges.  Using Memento Dandelion ink, and a little bit of masking, I stamped three watermelon wedges.  For the squirt droplets I used the water droplet stamp from PK-222 Happy Go Lucky Elephant and the mustard drop stamp from PK-115 Let's Ketchup.  I could have hand drawn the droplets, but I know some of you get nervous about drawing so I used stamps from other sets.  I did, however, draw the lemon segments with my Copics and white gel pen.
Here is a photo of the punches and stamps I used to make the PK face.
The ornament punch was used for the base of the head.  The top of the ornament when turned upside down, becomes the neck of the girl.  I liked the hair on the small angel in the January 2012 Stamp Club set, PKSC-01 January 2012, so I stamped the small angel and cut the hair from it.  I used the smaller face stamp with her tongue sticking out and stamped it on the ornament punched shape.  I wanted a stamp with one eye closed so she wouldn't get squirted in the eye.  Her ruffled collar was made with 2 scallop punches.
Here is the completed card.  I hope by showing you that you can use parts of a stamped image and punches to create something new will inspire you to see the endless possibilities with the tools you have at your disposal.
Have a wonderful day and  thanks for stopping by!

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

6 comments:

April said...

Great idea and I loved that you showed it as different steps in the pictures! I don't ave tat punch, but it opens my eyes to what can be done!

GiGi said...

This is such a fun card Janice and I love how you used the punches! How super clever!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is amazing Janice! I just love the way you put all the pieces together to make sure an adorable little card! And, I love that face!

Melissa said...

So clever! Yellow and blue are so perfect together. Great job Janice-

Melinda said...

Cute card! Love the use of all the different punches. Great job. TFS

Cindy Beland said...

Janice,your card is sooo SWEET!I LOVE it,FANTASTIC job as always my sweet friend!!!:)