Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good Luck to You :: Saundra Rega

Hello Peachy Fans! Saundra here from Luv Scrapping Together. I am thrilled to share my project with you today!


Now that Valentine's Day has passed I thought it fitting to share a wee bit of green!


For over a week I've had this cute little leprechaun all colored just waiting for the perfect background. When I received my Peachy Picks I knew I had the perfect papers but I was still a little stuck. When that happens I start looking for card sketches. There are so many sites on the internet that offer inspiration but the sketch I used for this card is from Mojo Monday.



This little leprechaun is from PK-297 Kiss Me Leprechaun. I colored him with Prisma Colored Pencils and blender. His face was colored with Copic markers.  I added a bit of gold to his buckles with Gold Stickles and popped him up with foam tape.


I cut a few shapes from the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge which I used to showcase my leprechaun and sentiment. The sentiment is from PKSC-02 Peachy Keen Stamps Club. I love the paper and embellishments on this card! They are all from the February Peachy Picks.

I decided to heat emboss and glitter the background with PK-299 Lucky Day Shamrockbackground stamp. When I heat emboss I always prepare the cardstock so that I get a clean embossed image.


You can purchase embossing tools but I chose to make my own with a baby sock, baby powder, and cornstarch. Just mix equal parts of both and put it in some type of cotton sock or pouch. Pounce on your cardstock before stamping. This will keep random flecks of embossing powder from sticking to the cardstock where there is no ink. The powder seems to disappear once I have used my heat gun but if it doesn't you can easily brush it way.

I hope this inspires you to get a little green!

Stop over and visit me at my blog: Luv Scrapping Together. I'd love to hear from you!
Hugs,
Saundra

10 comments:

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

Oh my your Leprechaun is super adorable! Your coloring is perfect. Beautiful layering of background papers and embossing. Thank for the tip,I am just starting to emboss and have been watching helpful tips from everyone. Gotta love our wonderful crafting world of talented people!
May find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Hugs, Debbie H.
HawksNestHobbies.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOOO cute and perfect!!! I love all your papers and colors Saundra!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Angelica Suarez said...

Saundra, this is beyond gorgeous! I love how you mixed the papers and really matched the whimsy feeling of the leprechaun. SO cute!

Liz O. said...

So much fun, this is a great card! TFS and thanks for the tip.
Have a great day!
Liz

Glora said...

WOW ADORABLE!!!! And I didn't know you could make your own embossing sock. I've definitely got to try that out! BEAUTIFUL card!!! Hugs- Glora

antdoda said...

Super job!! I love it !! Thanks for the sketch link!!

Leanne said...

Awesome card Saundra! Your coloring is perfect and love those papers! Hugs, Leanne

Jennie Garcia said...

Saundra this is so adorable! I love how mix pattern papers so well!! Super cute Leprechaun!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Cindy :) said...

such a wonderful card, love the leprechaun, he's the cutest! love it :)

Kate said...

Adorable I love the paper and that background stamp the you used.

Hugs,
Kate